Cuisinart CYM-100 Electronic Yogurt Maker with Automatic Cooling,3.12lb Jar capacity,(1.5L)
$86.87 - $69.95
Cuisinart CYM-100 Electronic Yogurt Maker with Automatic Cooling
The Cuisinart Electronic Yogurt Maker with Automatic Cooling turns milk and soymilk into nutritious yogurt automatically. Yogurt lovers can create an endless variety of flavors and the 1-1/2 liter batch makes enough for days of delicious meals and snacks. Operation is simple. Once processing time has elapsed, the unit switches itself to a cooling mode.
Today’s health-conscious consumers want to eat right. Not only a great source of protein and calcium, yogurt also contains probiotics, or good bacteria, that are crucial for a healthy digestive system. The Cuisinart Electronic Yogurt Maker takes the guesswork out of making yogurt at home. Simply mix together ingredients and pour into the yogurt container, letting the yogurt maker do the rest. You will love the ready-to-eat chilled results.
Either plain or flavored, yogurt is the perfect anytime food to enjoy alone, with granola or in your morning smoothie. Yogurt is also a great ingredient to have on hand in the kitchen for delicious and moist baked goods, as a secret ingredient to marinades for meat and poultry, and also the perfect vehicle for soups and sauces.
Large Capacity: Make more than six 8-ounce servings of yogurt at a time in the 50-ounce yogurt container.
Automatic Cooling Mode: The unit switches to cooling mode when the processing cycle is done, and maintains temperature until you turn the unit off.
Perfect Results – Automatically: Just add milk or soymilk, active cultures and flavors of your choice; select the time and press START and then watch the CYM-100 do all the work.
Simple Operation: Start and stop your yogurt making at the touch of a button. The LED display clearly displays and counts down processing time. The time controls make it easy to set the recommended processing time for the recipe you’re using.
Stainless Steel Styling: Sleek, elegant and streamlined enough to leave right on the counter.
- Put all of the ingredients in the yogurt container and then cover it with the yogurt container lid.
- Place the filled container into the housing and cover with the housing lid.
- Plug the unit in and the default fermentation time (8 hours) will begin flashing on the screen. To change the fermentation time (1-24 hours), use the “+” and “-” buttons.
- Once desired fermentation time is flashing on the LED display, press the START button. At this point, the fermentation numbers on the LED will become solid and fermentation countdown will begin.
- After the fermentation is complete the unit will automatically switch into cooling mode and display “C” in the LED. As long as the unit is plugged in, it will stay in cooling mode until you turn the unit off. After 8-12 hours, the temperature of the yogurt will be between 43 and 52 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To turn the unit off or end the cooling cycle, press and hold the STOP button for 3 seconds. Once the unit is off, you can either remove the yogurt container and place it directly in the refrigerator, or use the yogurt scoop provided and divide yogurt into individual portions.
Tips and Hints
Finished Yogurt and Taste
- Longer fermentation times will produce a tangier yogurt, but also aid in thickening. Strain yogurt overnight using a strainer lined with a coffee filter, for an ultra-rich and thick treat.
- Whole milk is recommended for making yogurt — avoid ultra-pasteurized milk. Fuller-fat milks produce thicker yogurts.
- When adding a flavor to yogurt, wait until 6 hours after the cooling process has begun. Flavors can also be added to individual portions as needed instead of to the entire batch. Certain flavors may shorten the shelf life of yogurt. Fruit mix-in flavors last longer and are better added to the entire batch, while sweeter syrups are best added to individual portions.
- Yogurt will be at its best and should be eaten within the first three days after completion. Yogurt can be kept for up to 8 days.
Built-in cooling system automatically shifts to the perfect chilling temperature
50-ounce yogurt container allows you to make more than six 8-ounce servings of yogurt at once
Easy operation starts and stops yogurt making with the touch of a button
Time controls make it easy to set the recommended fermenting time according to recipe
Stainless steel styling; digital time display; 120 volts. BPA free
NOTE: Refer the User Manual before use.